By installing a pumped electric shower, this can become a thing of the past. This is the most common type of shower sold in Ireland. It has an integrated pump and heating element, which provides instant hot water at the push of a button.
The two most popular brands of pumped electric showers sold in Ireland are the Triton T90 and the Mira Elite 2. Both are reliable, competitively priced and offer an excellent after sales service.
- Instant Hot Water – Water is heated instantaneously by an element within the shower, so there’s no waiting for water to heat up
- Integrated Pump – Provides a consistent strong flow of water
- Temperature Control – To fine tune your perfect shower experience
- Low Costs – Water is only heated when it is needed, hence no costly storage of hot water like with an immersion tank
- Stylish Design – A choice of white or chrome finishes
- Flexibility – Instant hot water is always available, night or day, so you don’t need to worry about running out of hot water if you’re not the first to the bathroom in the morning
Installing a pumped electric shower in your home can be done within a matter of hours, with the minimum of disruption. It requires both an electrician and a plumber to complete the wiring and plumbing parts respectively.
A plumber is required to bring a cold feed supply from the water tank in the attic to the shower. A stop-cock is normally installed on this 1/2 inch pipe, which facilitates the isolation of the water supply to the shower in the event of the shower being replaced in the future.
An electrician will be required to bring an electric supply cable from the fuse-board (6sq or 10sq) to an isolation switch, and from this isolation switch a further cable (6 sq or 10 sq) to the shower itself. This isolation switch facilitates electrical isolation of the shower in the event of future repairs/maintenance, and can be one of two types:
- A 45 amp pull-chord switch located on the ceiling in the bathroom
- A 45 amp double pole switch located on the wall outside the bathroom
It is also necessary to install a suitably rated R.C.B.O. on the fuse-board. This protects the shower in the event of either a short circuit or an electrical overload. It is vital that all of these connections are done by a qualified electrician, and that the shower is fully tested before it is commissioned.
(Note – To replace an existing shower only an electrician is required.)
Whether you require the replacement of an existing shower or wish to install a new pumped electric shower from scratch, MyElectrician.ie provides a complete service.
We will organise both a plumber and an electrician, to ensure this work is carried out to the highest professional standards in an efficient and cost effective way.
If you have any questions or require a no-obligation quote to install a new shower or replace an existing shower call John Rogers (087) 7414362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org